As the Director of Community Engagement at the Earth Observatory of Singapore, Sabrina Smith has been instrumental in the reorganisation, focus, and growth of the Community Engagement Office. In her role, Sabrina is expanding communication channels, partner relationships and global connections to inform and serve the communities across Southeast Asia.
Before joining the Observatory, Sabrina worked at the Exploratorium in San Francisco in several roles, including Director of Community Engagement and Director of Marketing and Communications. Sabrina expanded the Exploratorium’s global footprint through outreach, strategic partnerships and communication strategies. She also directed the marketing and communication efforts surrounding the museum’s opening campaign and rebranding strategy as it moved to its new building and location in San Francisco.
Prior to that, Sabrina distinguished herself at Edutopia, the George Lucas Educational Foundation. As Director of Marketing and Communications, she launched a series of digital resource guides averaging 20,000-30,000 downloads per publication and developed a marketing and communications plan aimed at teachers, administrators and policy makers. Earlier in her career, Sabrina directed marketing and audience development at String Letter Publishing where she was instrumental in expanding the reach of their print magazines across web-based platforms and growing circulation.
Having proven strategic planning, leadership and advocacy experience, Sabrina is uniquely equipped to elevate awareness, deepen relationships with international partners and identity strategies to improve relevancy and the urgency of Observatory research.
- 1996 B.S. Business Administration , Dominican University of California, San Rafael, California
- 2015 – present Director, Community Engagement, Earth Observatory of Singapore
- 2013 – 2015 Director, Community Engagement, Exploratorium
- 2011 – 2013 Director, Marketing & Communications, Exploratorium
- 2008 – 2011 Director, Marketing & Communications, Edutopia – The George Lucas Educational Foundation
- 2017 - present International Advisory Board member, ArtScience Museum, Singapore
- 2014 – 2015 Public Policy committee member, Association of Science-Technology Centers, U.S.