- 2005: PhD, University of Wollongong, Australia
- 1999: BSc, University of Wollongong, Australia
- 2017 — present: Associate Chair (Academic), The Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University
- 2016 — present: Associate Professor, The Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University
- 2009 — present: Principal Investigator, Earth Observatory of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University
- 2007 — 2009: Centenary Research Assistant Professor, The University of Hong Kong
- 2005 — 2007: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, The University of Hong Kong
- 2005: Cheung Kong Endeavour Australia Fellow, The University of Hong Kong
- 2003: Associate Lecturer, University of Wollongong, Australia
- 2000 — 2004: Casual academic, University of Wollongong, Australia
Honours and Awards:
- 2020: Conference Co-Chair EGU-AOGS Joint meeting on Natural Hazards, Yogyakarta
- 2018: Conference Co-Chair EGU-AOGS Joint meeting on Natural Hazards, Tagaytay, Philippines
- 2013 — 2017: Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, and Executive council member Asia Oceania Geosciences Society
- 2013 — 2016: Editorial board member of Geoscience Letters
- 2014 — present: Editorial board member of Geoscience Letters
- 2013: Editor of Volume 14 Treatise on Geomorphology
- 2012: Guest editor a special issue of Quaternary Science Reviews
- 2010: Guest editor of a special issue of Quaternary International
- 2010 — 2015: Developer, primary proponent, and co-leader of UNESCO-IUGS backed project IGCP588 – Preparing for coastal change
- 2010 — 2015: Singapore NRF fellowship
- 2005: Cheung-Kong Endeavour Australia Award
Coral communities of Hong Kong: Long-lived corals in a marginal reef environment. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 426, 185-196. (2011).
Developing a historical tropical cyclone database for the northern South China Sea. ADGEO. 1951-2010. (2011).
Competing mechanisms for boulder deposition on the southeast Australian coast. Geomorphology. 114, 42-54. (2010).
Sediment source-to-sink, human influences and paleoenvironmental reconstruction in the coastal zone of East and Southeast Asia. Quaternary International. 230, 1-2. (2010).
Written records of historical tsunamis in the northeastern South China Sea – challenges associated with developing a new integrated database. Natural Hazards and Earth System Science. 10, 1793-1806. (2010).
Burial of organic carbon in Holocene sediments of the Zhujiang (Pearl River) and Changjiang (Yangtze River) estuaries. Marine Chemistry. 123, 1-10. (2010).
Geomorphic evidence for mid–late Holocene higher sea level from southeastern Australia. Quaternary International. 221, 13-22. (2010).
The Holocene infill of Lake Conjola, a narrow incised valley system on the southeast coast of Australia. Quaternary International. 221, 23-35. (2010).
An evolutionary model for the Holocene formation of the Pearl River delta, China. The Holocene. 19, 129-142. (2008).
Setup, Deposition, and Sedimentary Characteristics of Two Storm Overwash Deposits, Abrahams Bosom Beach, Southeastern Australia. Journal of Coastal Research. 189-200. (2008).
Erosion and sedimentation in Kalpakkam (N Tamil Nadu, India) from the 26th December 2004 tsunami. Marine GeologyMarine Geology. 240, 65-75. (2007).
Investigation of large-scale washover of a small barrier system on the southeast Australian coast using ground penetrating radar. Sedimentary GeologySedimentary Geology. 183, 145-156. (2006).
Sea level, storm, or tsunami: Enigmatic sand sheet deposits in a sheltered coastal embayment from southeastern New South Wales, Australia. Journal of Coastal ResearchJournal of Coastal Research. 21, 655-663. (2005).
Sea-level and environmental changes since the last interglacial in the Gulf of Carpentaria, Australia: an overview. Quaternary International. 83-5, 19-46. (2001).