- PhD: University of Wollongong, Australia, 2005
- BSc: University of Wollongong, Australia, 1999
- 2007 - 2009 Centenary Research Assistant Professor, The University of Hong Kong
- 2005 - 2007 Post-doctoral Research Fellow, The University of Hong Kong
- 2005 Cheung Kong Endeavour Australia Fellow, The University of Hong Kong
- 2003 Associate Lecturer, University of Wollongong, Australia
- 2000 - 2004 Casual academic, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Guest editor of two special issues in high impact journals; Quaternary International (2010) and Quaternary Science Reviews (2012).
- Developer, primary proponent and co-leader of UNESCO-IUGS backed project IGCP588
- Preparing for coastal change Involving more than 250 scientists globally.
- EOS Outreach committee
- DES/EOS Safety committee
- DES Curriculum development committee
- ES7009 - Living with coastal processes and hazards
ES8005 - Environmental Earth Systems Science
- ES7001 - Natural Hazards, Climate Change and Society
ES8001 - Natural Hazards, Climate Change and Society
Honours and Awards:
- SPMS Teaching award 2011
- Singapore NRF Fellow 2010
- Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowship 2005
Temporal Distributions of Anthropogenic Al, Zn, and Pb in Hong Kong Porites Coral during the Last Two Centuries. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 63, 508-515. (2011).
Geomorphic evidence for mid–late Holocene higher sea level from southeastern Australia. Quaternary International. 221, 13-22. (2010).
The Holocene infill of Lake Conjola, a narrow incised valley system on the southeast coast of Australia. Quaternary International. 221, 23-35. (2010).
Competing mechanisms for boulder deposition on the southeast Australian coast. Geomorphology. 114, 42-54. (2010).
Sediment source-to-sink, human influences and paleoenvironmental reconstruction in the coastal zone of East and Southeast Asia. Quaternary International. 230, 1-2. (2010).
Written records of historical tsunamis in the northeastern South China Sea – challenges associated with developing a new integrated database. Natural Hazards and Earth System Science. 10, 1793-1806. (2010).
Burial of organic carbon in Holocene sediments of the Zhujiang (Pearl River) and Changjiang (Yangtze River) estuaries. Marine Chemistry. 123, 1-10. (2010).
An evolutionary model for the Holocene formation of the Pearl River delta, China. The Holocene. 19, 129-142. (2008).
Setup, Deposition, and Sedimentary Characteristics of Two Storm Overwash Deposits, Abrahams Bosom Beach, Southeastern Australia. Journal of Coastal Research. 189-200. (2008).
Erosion and sedimentation in Kalpakkam (N Tamil Nadu, India) from the 26th December 2004 tsunami. Marine GeologyMarine Geology. 240, 65-75. (2007).
Investigation of large-scale washover of a small barrier system on the southeast Australian coast using ground penetrating radar. Sedimentary GeologySedimentary Geology. 183, 145-156. (2006).
Sea level, storm, or tsunami: Enigmatic sand sheet deposits in a sheltered coastal embayment from southeastern New South Wales, Australia. Journal of Coastal ResearchJournal of Coastal Research. 21, 655-663. (2005).
Sea-level and environmental changes since the last interglacial in the Gulf of Carpentaria, Australia: an overview. Quaternary International. 83-5, 19-46. (2001).